Welcome to Vision Woodworks line of green cabinetry…
…Because, it’s not just a construction site, it’s your home!
Since Vision Woodworks believes in building responsibly, it is important to know that all of the composite wood products we use whether or not someone asks for “green” are CARB compliant. So, we are already meeting current national specifications in order to maintain a higher standard of indoor air quality and health.
Our green line of cabinetry just takes this further by offering an extensive array of NAF (No Added Formaldehyde) and NAUF (No Added Urea Formaldehyde) wood products. Combine this with our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) lumber and veneers, we can ensure that the product is environmentally and socially responsible and can be tracked back to its forest origin through a chain-of-custody process. If you are interested in obtaining LEED points for your home – no problem! We will work with your contractor to provide the information needed for MR (material and resources), and IEQ (indoor environmental quality) certification points. As far as finishes go, we use a low VOC conversion finish that builds well, is incredibly resistant to household chemicals, and will last just as long if not longer than the more traditional finishes.
So, from sustainable timber, to low VOC finishes, to an ecologically friendly manufacturing process, we are committed to safe, thoughtful building because its healthier for everyone.
What does it take to make a cabinet green?
Vision Woodworks realizes that in order to be green, we must surround ourselves with suppliers and partners who also think green and provide sustainable materials.
- Columbia Forest Products – plywood panels laminated with a soy based adhesive and no added urea formaldehyde.
- Timber Products – plywood panels sourced from sustainable forests.
- Roseburg – FSC certified veneer cores, and melamine with 100% recycled wood fiber cores all with no added urea formaldehyde adhesives.
- Plyboo – Moso bamboo harvested from a forest that requires no irrigation, fertilizers or pesticides. Each year, only 20 percent of the plantation’s bamboo–or only the five-year growth–is cut, ensuring the forest canopy remains intact and the ecosystem is not disturbed.
- Kirei – products manufactured from reclaimed sorghum straw and wheat stalks left after the edible portion of the plant has been harvested.
- Sherwin-Williams – Low VOC finishes and waterborne coatings
What does it take to be a green company?
Being a green company is a commitment to a continual work in progress. As more ways are being discovered as to how we can effectively lessen our footprint, Vision Woodworks strives to implement these ideas and changes into the very culture of our company. It all begins with making sure our staff is onboard with our green goals so that every phase of our company runs efficiently with the cleanest output. From a low energy consumption building using reclaimed timber where applicable, to a streamlined manufacturing process, to finding ways to reduce our waste, Vision Woodworks is doing more than just offering a green product, its living the green way. It’s our way of giving back to you, our industry, and our world!